Experiences and activities
Experiences and activities
Thorbjørnrud is an idyllic and peaceful place - but the possibilities to have fun are many! Learn to cook Italian pizza or how to make your own sausages, taste your way through the history of akevitt, dive into the cheese pool or enjoy the making of glass at Hadeland Glassverk. We have experiences for explorers, gourmets, adventurers and mixed groups!
OUR MOST POPULAR ACTIVITIES
- The best local food! Hotel owner and farmer, Olav Lie-Nilsen, invites you to an exciting lecture on the food concept that is Thorbjørnrud, with the main themes being food, sustainable agriculture, taste - physiological and cultural, gastronomy and meal culture. Olav is an experienced and enthusiastic storyteller who awakens great enthusiasm with his versatile knowledge and contagious passion. Includes cheese tasting and wine.
- Cheese and Wine Cheese and Wine is a classic, but not always easy to get right! Sommelier, Emelie, takes you through Thorbjørnrud’s cheeses with excellent and less fortunate wine combinations - to awaken the senses, give moments of clarity and demonstrate what you should be looking for. More tasting and less theory, a pleasant tasting experience for everyone.
- Beer tasting The Hotel Director, Kjetil, gives you an insight into raw materials and flavours combined with food. We select five beer types for you to taste and smell.
- Sausage Course Impress family and friends with homemade sausages. Our charismatic cooks give you insight into good old-fashioned sausages and teach you the tricks that turn sausages into party food!
- Pizza Class We gather around the pizza oven where the chefs teach you how to make real Italian pizza that tastes and impresses!
- Breadbaking Short introduction to baking bread in the oven, in our cozy basement called Slyngelstuen. You get to take the freshly baked bread home.
- Murder at the Manor The dinner is surprisingly interrupted when hotel owner Greger Faber Nilsen is murdered. The investigation begins and the clues and the scene are investigated.
- Glass making show at venerable and traditional Hadeland Glassverk, which is just a 3-minute walk from the hotel. We organize both shows and design contests for the groups.
- Paint with me Get in touch with your creative skills in our popular painting course held by visual artist, Anita Korneliussen.
- Creative Kick-Off A versatile program to bring out your creative qualities and learn how to use them at work and in everyday life. With Morten Gray.
- Creative Challenge 14 different team activities where creative qualities are tested and you definitely learn something new about yourself and your colleagues. With Morten Gray.
- Teambuilding track Get to know each other better through a variety of fun activities, which require both collaboration and communication. Suitable for everyone, regardless of age and physical level. With Fossen Friluft.
- River sports Get the adrenaline pumping and experience something unique. We arrange rafting in single, twin and triple rafts, swimming with riverboard or kayaking with river kayaks.
- Gokart Who is the fastest in your company? We arrange a fast-paced race with gokart at Eggemoen.
- Bowling A classic that rarely fails. A worthy ending for everyone.
- Curling If you have not tried curling yet - do it! On the Jevnaker artisanal track there are two curling courses for rent, where there is usually a lot of laughter and fun.
- Kistefos Museum Kistefos Museum is a fantastic facility that includes the industrial museum, art gallery and sculpture park. Here you can take different tours, enjoy the exhibits and simply enjoy the wonderful surroundings both inside and outside.
Walking distance to Hadeland Glassverk (with an exciting visitor centre), Haugerstranda (great beach) and Jevnaker centre with restaurants and shops.